Deaf Centre Manitoba Inc
Deaf Centre Manitoba Inc. located at 285 Pembina Highway, is a non-profit organization that recognizes the value of Deaf Culture and American Sign Language (ASL). The purpose of the organization is to coordinate and/or provide resources and programs that enhance the development of the Deaf Community.
We are seeking a dynamic Service Coordinator, who reports to DCM Inc Board, oversee the day to day operation and lead the organization into the future.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- · Report to DCM Inc Board of Directors
- · Work together with various Deaf Community groups in Manitoba as well as in Canada, ensuring up to date information with employment, education, social, and cultural lives of Deaf people
- · Develop/submit calendar monthly for Deaf Community events
- · Coordinate internal/external communication and keep data
- · Access to internet to get news for Deaf, Hard of Hearing, Deaf-Blind as well as Deaf Plus people could learn about various activities happening in the Deaf Community
- · Coordinate and maintain the Deaf Resource Centre like Public computer, VRS public access, and Library
- · Manage the DCM Inc Social Media
- · Manage the Communication Device
- · Provide education information session to different places if needed
- · Cultural liaison with 285 Pembina Inc
- · Conducting the office work as needed
- · Ability to work with Deaf, Hard of Hearing and Deaf Plus people with various communication needs
- · Previous administration experience is an asset
- · Good organizational and interpersonal skills
- · Fluency writing skills
- · Computer skills and letter writing including knowledge of MS Word/Publisher, Excel and MS Outlook
- · Ability to use email and internet
- · Knowledge of Deaf Culture and ASL is essential
This is one full time position. The salary ranges from $13.00 to $15.00 based to depend on experience. The person will work for average 35 hours a week.
The successful candidate will be subject to Criminal Record, Adult Abuse Registry and Child Abuse Registry.
Prospective candidates should forward resume with three references and cover letter to Deaf Centre Manitoba by Friday, March 16th, 2018: DCM Inc. Search Committee, #101-285 Pembina Highway, Winnipeg, MB R3L 2E1. Emailfirstname.lastname@example.org.