- What is the Deaf Resource Centre (DRC)?
- Sponsors, Friends, and Partnerships
- UPDATED: DRC Hours/Contact Information
- Manitoba Deaf Association
- Deaf Centre Manitoba Inc Board
- Deaf Centre Manitoba Inc Privacy Act
- Deaf Resource Centre Library
- Contact list of Manitoba Organizations
- International Week of the Deaf (IWD) 2018
- Holiday Promo - Communication Devices List
Sunday, 18 March 2018
Saturday, 17 March 2018
ARE YOU INTERESTED IN WORKING AS A DEAF INTERPRETER (DI) FOR ECCOE?
30 Hours of Workshops
3 hours per week Mondays 5:30 – 8:30 pm
(and 2 Saturdays TBA)
and hopes that you are interested!
v Available during daytime
hours, evenings and/or weekends?
v Have experience assisting as a Deaf Interpreter either at work or volunteer?
Deadline extended to March 22nd, 2018
Interviews take place during week of March 26th, 2018
Workshops offered on site at ECCOE Office at The Forks
Please contact Jane at Jane@eccoe.ca to book an interview.
Mentorship and on-going support offered by ECCOE
Training will include:
· Deaf Interpreter Code of Ethics
· Introducing your role as a Deaf Interpreter
· Managing Confidentiality
· Handling Ethical Dilemmas
· Working as a Team with a hearing Interpreter
· Giving & Receiving Feedback
· Skill development
Please see blog by Rick Zimmer at: https://youtu.be/t120Ea3H_go or deafmanitoba.org