Full Time Residential Treatment Workers
D.E.A.F. is now accepting applications for Residential Treatment Workers full time positions to support Deaf and Hard of Hearing children and youth in the care of Child and Family Services and adults with intellectual disabilities or mental health issues.
· Establishing meaningful, respectful, and caring relationships with individuals supported
· Providing support and care to individuals in a community and residential setting
· Participating in programming to meet the individuals’ goals
· Participating in various recreational and physical activities with the individuals
· Cooking, house cleaning, yard work and other household maintenance duties
· Liaising with the education system, medical services, and other community resources
· Valid driver’s license and access to use of vehicle.
· Must be available to work a variety of shifts on a 24-7 basis (days, weekends, evenings, overnights)
· Ability to intervene effectively in crisis situations using NVCI techniques
· Demonstrated knowledge, awareness and sensitivity to diverse cultures and traditions
· Related education and/or experience working with children with behavioural problems and emotional difficulties for the Residential Treatment Worker position
· Related education and/or experience working with adults with intellectual disabilities or mental health issues for the Support Worker position
· First Aid/C.P.R. and Non-Violent Crisis Intervention Training are considered assets
· Good problem solving and communication skills
· Strong work ethics and ability to work independently and as part of a team
· Have interest and commitment to work with children, youth, and people with disabilities.
· Basic American Sign Language (ASL), understanding of Deaf Culture, and willingness to continue learning ASL
· Criminal Record, Child Abuse and Adult Abuse Registry Checks, and in addition Prior Contact Check for the Residential Treatment Worker position
The annual salary range for the Residential Treatment Worker position is $31,149.17 to $43,609.48 plus an attractive benefits package.
Please forward your resume and covering letter with 3 references to:
We thank all applicants for their interest in New Directions however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Preference will be given to Deaf and Hard of Hearing applicants that meet qualifications. Unfortunately we cannot accept telephone inquiries.