We would love to see your work!
Enter in the
Manitoba Deaf Visual Art Show
Transformation and Growth
Friday, Oct 25, 2013
7:30 pm to 9:30 pm
Hosted by Alice Crawford (Deaf Artist for children’s book “Splish, Splat!”)
and Gallery Lacosse at Gallery Lacosse, 169 Lilac St., Winnipeg, Manitoba
Selected Prairie Deaf Art will be shown at Gallery Lacosse
from Oct 25, 2013 to Nov 8, 2013 and will be for sale with artists’ permission
NOTE: Selected artists will receive $120.00 for each piece in the show.
(Example: one piece picked by the jury is 1 x $120.00 = $120.00, 3 pieces - 3 x $120.00 = $360.00, etc.)
Cheques will be given out on opening night, October 25, 2013 or mailed out the next day, October 26, 2013.
• All information and images must be received in full by Friday, August 8, 2013.
Who can Enter?
• All Deaf and Hard-of-Hearing Manitoba, Saskatchewan, and Alberta Visual Artists.
• Artists must be 16 years of age or older. Under 18 must have a parent/guardian sign for them.
• Artwork must be original.
• All visual arts – painting, sculpture, ceramics (pottery), drawing, printmaking, design, crafts, textiles, and photography. The theme is open.
• Art will be chosen by a panel of professional artists and Gallery Lacosse
Gallery Lacosse has the final say to what art is to go into the show
NO POLITICAL OR SOCIAL POLICY MESSAGES.
• ALL FRAMING for the show MUST BE DONE by GALLERY LACOSSE.
Selected Artists will receive a 40% discount
• Contact Alice at firstname.lastname@example.org or mail with postage paid (enough for 6 pages),
self-addressed envelope to 71 Rose Hill Way, Winnipeg, MB R2R 1Z7 and one will be emailed/mailed out to you.
This Information is posted on Manitoba Cultural Society of the Deaf Facebook page.
Here's the link to the YouTube Vlog.