Saturday, 3 March 2018
Another new position available at Deaf Centre Manitoba Inc (DCM Inc)- Administrative Assistant
Deaf Centre Manitoba Inc
Deaf Centre Manitoba Inc. located at 285 Pembina Highway, is a non-profit organization that recognizes the value of Deaf Culture and America Sign Language (ASL). The purpose of the organization is to coordinate and/or provide resources, advocacy and programs that enhance the development of the Deaf Community.
We are seeking a dynamic Administration Assistant who works with Service Coordinator.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Answer the telephone calls and VRS
• Follow up with customers following placement of CHS/DC Inc orders
• Follow up with customers on late return library books and DVDs
• Prepare invoices
• Send and receive messages; orders and confirmation of emails correspondences
• Photocopy documents for distribution, mailing and filing Type and proof-read correspondence, informative and thank you letters, reports, statements, invoices, forms and other documents as required
• Print shipping/other labels
• Sort and process receipts, expenditures, forms and other documents as require
• Monthly library & communication devices inventory
• Product list binder
• Prepare orders for the customers
• Coordinate the Deaf Community calendar
• Update and inform the Service Coordinator as required
• Update bulletin board & social media • Maintain and update manual or computerized filing, inventory, mailing and database
• Update invoice binder
• Update Clients information-binder
• Update price lists
· Other assigned duties as necessary
• Work in office is an asset
• Complimentary work ethics
• Self Motivated
• Knowledge of computer skills
· Knowledge of Deaf Culture and ASL is essential
This is .5 position. The salary ranges from $12.00 to. $14.00. The person will work for average 2.5 days a week.
The successful candidate will be subject to Criminal Record, Adult Abuse Registry and Child Abuse Registry.
Prospective candidates should forward resume with three references and cover letter to Deaf Centre Manitoba Inc by Tuesday, March 16th, 2018: DCM Inc Search Committee #101-285 Pembina Highway, Winnipeg, MB R3L 2E1 (204) 284-9373 FAX or email@example.com.