Friday, May 27, 2016
Cops for Cancer Head Shave
The Cops for Cancer Head Shave 2016 will take place tomorrow, Saturday, May 28th at 12:00 noon at the Kildonan Place Shopping Centre (Centre Court), located at 1555 Regent Avenue West. Participants comprised of police and staff members of the Winnipeg Police Service, retired members, spouses, children and special friends, will be losing their locks to raise money for the Canadian Cancer Society Manitoba Division.
Over the past decade, this event has raised over $400,000 and has become a significant fundraiser for the Cancer Society in raising money for the fight against Cancer. All money raised remains in our Province.
"Today's event highlights the important role that the Winnipeg Police Service plays in our community", said Erin Crawford, Canadian Cancer Society Senior Director of Public Issues and Community Engagement.
WPS members are invited to come out and support their peers and make donations to help in the battle against Cancer which has touched many of us in some way.
The Winnipeg Police Service would like to invite the public and members of the media to come out and support this cause.
Hope to see you there!
- What is the Deaf Resource Centre (DRC)?
- Sponsors, Friends, and Partnerships
- NEW UPDATED: DRC Hours/Contact Information
- Manitoba Deaf Association
- Deaf Centre Manitoba Inc Board
- Deaf Centre Manitoba Inc Privacy Act
- Deaf Resource Centre Library
- Contact list of Manitoba Organizations
- International Week of the Deaf (IWD) 2018