March-April Guide to
Programs Now Available
Happy almost-spring! The March-April issue of At
The Library is now available with hundreds of free programs. Some programs
- Spring pre-school program registration begins Friday, March 11 for Baby Rhyme Time, Time for Twos, and Pre-School Story time. The spring session runs the week of April 11 until May 30. Register in person or by phone. Note: Family Story Time is drop-in. No registration required!
- We are pleased to partner with the National Centre for Truth and Reconcilation on a 3-part lunch hour series. Learn the history of residential schools, their legacy, and the role of the NCTR in promoting reconciliation. Millennium Library: Tuesdays, March 22, 29 and April 5 from 12-1 pm.
- Spring Break programs for tweens, teens and children and families will ensure you’ll never hear the words “I’m bored”. Fiddling, puppet shows, Reading with Raptors, crafting and hands-on experiments are all on offer. Load up on movies, music, books, eMagazines and eBooks, too.
- West End Library will be open late on Saturday, March 12 from 5-9 pm with games, books and music to coincide with the Cindy Klassen Rec. Centre free family and teen swim night.
- Books2Eat, the edible books festival, returns to Millennium Library on Saturday, April 16. Displays, demos, a delectable story time, and food-themed scavenger hunt for kids and teens are scheduled. And of course - edible books. Submit your own creation! Details on our website
Save the date for the Friends of Winnipeg Public Library's fundraiser Books & Brunch. This year's popular event features comedian Lara Rae and writer Catherine Hunter speaking on "Books I have Known and Loved" and is once again held at the Gates on Roblin. Ticket information is at friendswpl.ca.