Monday, 23 March 2015
Disabilities Issue Office (DIO) - Job Opportunities- Policy Analyst
PM2 Policy Analyst
Manitoba Family Services
Administration and Finance, Disabilities Issues Office
Advertisement Number: 29859
Salary(s): PM2 $54,886.00 - $69,071.00 per year
Closing Date: March 30, 2015
An eligibility list may be created for similar positions and will remain in effect for 6 months.
Preference will be given to Aboriginal people, visible minorities and persons with a disability.
Employment Equity is a factor in selection. Applicants are requested to indicate in their covering letter or resumé if they are from any of the following groups: Aboriginal people, visible minorities and persons with a disability.
The Disabilities Issues Office's (DIO) vision is a fully accessible Manitoba, where all abilities are valued, diversity and independence are celebrated, barriers are removed and human rights are protected. The DIO is providing administrative leadership in the development and implementation of The Accessibility for Manitobans Act.
Conditions of Employment:
· Must be legally entitled to work in Canada.
· Must provide a satisfactory Criminal Records Check.
· Post-secondary education, preferably at a Masters level in social sciences, public administration or other related discipline; other relevant combinations of education and experience may be considered.
· Ability to write a variety of clear, concise documents and reports.
· Experience in social policy and program research and analysis.
· Experience in the promotion of social programs and services.
· Experience in the development of resource materials to support social policy.
· Strong information management skills.
· Superior verbal communication skills.
· Excellent presentation skills.
· Ability to work under pressure, managing multiple projects in tight timeframes.
· Knowledge of barriers for persons with disabilities in the key areas of daily living.
· Knowledge of disability related services.
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Policy Analyst provides research policy analysis and promotional assistance to the Disabilities Issues Office as it leads the implementation of The Accessibility for Manitobans Act. The incumbent's work involves representation of government legislation and services to the public and requires depth of understanding, clarity and diplomacy. As directed, the incumbent acts as a liaison with various initiatives of Government or community stakeholders.
Advertisement # 29859
Civil Service Commission
Human Resource Services
Winnipeg, MB, R3C 3J7
WHEN APPLYING TO THIS POSITION, PLEASE INDICATE THE ADVERTISEMENT NUMBER AND POSITION TITLE IN THE SUBJECT LINE AND/OR BODY OF YOUR EMAIL.
Employment Equity is a factor in selection. Applicants are requested to indicate in their covering letter or resumé if they are from any of the following groups: women, Aboriginal people, visible minorities and persons with a disability.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.