Tuesday, June 3, 2014
Public Advisory- Increase In Thefts From Vehicles
Recently, the Winnipeg Police Service has received several reports regarding thefts from vehicles parked in personal driveways.
One of the common things stolen is a door remote which the suspects then use to enter the garage and steal further items.
Please consider the following break-in prevention tips:
1. Keep your car visible
Avoid having your vehicle concealed by larger vehicles, fences or foliage; thieves like to work in private.
2. Don’t make it easy
Keep windows and sunroofs closed and doors locked. Many thefts from vehicles are as a result of unlocked vehicles.
3. Vehicle alarm?
Don’t forget to activate it.
4. Hide your valuables
Many smash-and-grab thieves act on impulse. So keep your stuff out of sight – either with you or in a locked trunk. Don’t count on the glove box; thieves know to look there, and they’re easy to break into.
- What is the Deaf Resource Centre (DRC)?
- Sponsors, Friends, and Partnerships
- UPDATED: DRC Hours/Contact Information
- Manitoba Deaf Association
- Deaf Centre Manitoba Inc Board
- Deaf Centre Manitoba Inc Privacy Act
- Deaf Resource Centre Library
- Contact list of Manitoba Organizations
- International Week of the Deaf (IWD) 2018
- Holiday Promo - Communication Devices List