The Calgary Board of Education currently has positions available for trained Teachers of the Deaf, commencing fall 2014 in Calgary, Alberta, Canada. These positions require applicants who possess a Master of Deaf Education or Doctor of Deaf Education degree, who are fluent in American Sign Language and English, and who demonstrate advanced skills in providing effective instruction to students who are Deaf or Hard of Hearing at the elementary (grades 1-6) and secondary (grades 7-12) levels. Applicants should have a track record of success and be able to support the current team in advancing forward into a new paradigm of Deaf Education which moves beyond a bilingual/bicultural approach into one which recognizes and supports the multiple facets of identity, culture, language, and learning that each student brings to the classroom.
you meet these criteria (and those listed in the job posting), please visit the
link(s) below to submit an application at your earliest convenience. If you
know anyone else who might be interested or who may know someone else who might
fit the criteria, please forward this email on to those individuals and/or post
this information on your organization's website, if applicable.
School Positions (Job Posting # 8214) (Grades 7-12):
School Position (Job Posting # 8291) (Grades 1-6):
- What is the Deaf Resource Centre (DRC)?
- Sponsors, Friends, and Partnerships
- NEW UPDATED: DRC Hours/Contact Information
- Manitoba Deaf Association
- Deaf Centre Manitoba, Inc. Board 2020-2021
- Deaf Centre Manitoba Inc Privacy Act
- Deaf Resource Centre Library
- Contact list of Manitoba Organizations
- Manitoba Deaf Sports Association
- Red River College, DSP and ASL-English Interpretation Program (AEIP) 2019-2020
- Deaf Community Events Calendar
- World Federation of the Deaf: International Week of the Deaf (IWD) September 21 - 27, 2020