THE ASSOCIATION OF VISUAL LANGUAGE INTERPRETERS OF CANADA (AVLIC)
105 - 39012 Discovery Way, Squamish, BC, Canada V8B 0E5
(604) 617-8502 Fax: (604) 567-8502
Dispute Resolution Process (DRP) Review
Extended: Wednesday March 5, 2014
INTRODUCTION TO SURVEY:
Association of Visual Language Interpreters of Canada (AVLIC) is currently reviewing its
Dispute Resolution Process (DRP). Though the DRP has been in
place since 2008, only a small number of individuals have accessed
the process. Since there are many possible factors that could
contribute to this reality, it has been determined that a full
review of the DRP is required.
member of the community the DRP is intended to serve, your input is important. We would
appreciate if you completed the following survey
(approximately 20 minutes). All answers will be compiled and global
statistics will help us determine areas of needed attention in the
current process. Please be assured that all replies are
confidential. Personal information will be held confidential by the
consultants, Madeleine Mcbrearty, PhD and Sylvie Lemay, MA.
IS THE GOAL OF GOAL OF THE SURVEY ?
* To learn about the experience of the Deaf community,
ASL-English interpreters and other consumers of interpreting services in addressing perceived breaches of ethics by interpreters in Canada.
• To determine the needs and aspirations of the Deaf community, ASL-English interpreters and other consumers of interpreting services in order to develop recommendations for the implementation of an effective AVLIC DRP. Why is it important that you complete the survey ?
• Your input will greatly contribute to the development of
recommendations towards the implementation of a restructured DRP that best reflects the needs of the community.
If you have
any questions, please contact
- What is the Deaf Resource Centre (DRC)?
- Sponsors, Friends, and Partnerships
- NEW UPDATED: DRC Hours/Contact Information
- Manitoba Deaf Association
- Deaf Centre Manitoba Inc Board
- Deaf Centre Manitoba Inc Privacy Act
- Deaf Resource Centre Library is now working on, new information. Thank you for your patience to wait for new books/dvds soon to be announced.
- Contact list of Manitoba Organizations
- International Week of the Deaf (IWD) 2019
- Manitoba Deaf Sports Association
- Red River College & University of Manitoba Deaf St...