The Saskatchewan Deaf and Hard of Hearing Services Inc. (SDHHS) is looking for an Executive Director to be located in Saskatoon. SDHHS is a bilingual, bi-cultural non-profit, provincial organization, whose mission is to support the independence of Deaf, Deafened and Hard of Hearing persons by providing services which enhance their quality of life. It is an excellent opportunity to take part in a booming economy.
Reporting to a volunteer Board of Directors, the Executive Director is responsible for supervising and managing all functions of SDHHS and for planning, developing and implementing policies and programs to provide services to citizens who are deaf, deafened, and hard of hearing and their families and to promote greater awareness of their issues.
The ideal candidate will have an appropriate educational background supplemented by administrative and management experience, strong communication, marketing, writing, and leadership skills, and will be able to effectively work with staff, board, funders and the community. Experience with and understanding of Deaf and Hard of Hearing issues along with fluency in American Sign Language would be a definite asset. Persons who are Deaf, deafened or hard of hearing are encouraged to apply.
Expected start date is October 15, 2013. Salary and benefits are negotiable.
Applications that do not meet the above requirements will not be responded
Please submit your resume by August 15, 2013 to:
Saskatchewan Deaf and Hard of Hearing Services Inc.
2341 Broad Street
Regina, SK S4P 1Y9
Ph: (306) 352-3323
Fax: (306) 757-3252
TTY: (306) 522-0750
Toll-free TTY: 1-888-272-9116
- What is the Deaf Resource Centre (DRC)?
- Sponsors, Friends, and Partnerships
- NEW UPDATED: DRC Hours/Contact Information
- Manitoba Deaf Association
- Deaf Centre Manitoba, Inc. Board 2020-2021
- Deaf Centre Manitoba Inc Privacy Act
- Deaf Resource Centre Library
- Contact list of Manitoba Organizations
- Manitoba Deaf Sports Association
- Red River College, DSP and ASL-English Interpretation Program (AEIP) 2019-2020
- Deaf Community Events Calendar
- World Federation of the Deaf: International Week of the Deaf (IWD) September 21 - 27, 2020